Lake Forest, CA (August 27, 2020) – Sphere 1 hosted their 21st Awards Show virtually with over 480 guests registered, not including their friends, families, and corporate teams all celebrating in a safe way in their offices or in the comfort of their homes.
The annual award show recognizes top performing Sphere 1 distributors and suppliers across the U.S. demonstrating excellence, collaboration and partnership throughout the year in 14 different categories.
Even though their 2020 Annual Conference was cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Sphere 1 announced another record-breaking year in a fun, lighthearted, 45-minute live broadcast and unveiled the 2019 Member and Supplier Finalists and Winners.
“Congratulations to all our Award Winners! It’s so amazing to see what has been EARNED for 2019!” says Rob Moe, President & CEO of Sphere 1. “Sphere 1 is based on the simple premise of ‘community’ – a community where both members and suppliers work together, which leads us to success in our common goal: WINNING. We win by supporting each other, by strong partnerships, by reaching achievements together in all we do. Thank you to our Preferred Supplier Partners for all they do for the Sphere 1 Members. And thank you to our Members who are so focused on building sound relationships with our Preferred Supplier network. As Helen Keller once stated, ‘Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.’”
Member and Supplier of the Year Awards
The most prestigious Sphere 1 awards are the 2019 Member and Supplier of the Year. This award is based on the best overall score on Sphere 1’s annual support card, which ranks 120 Sphere 1 Preferred Vendors on seven criteria and 157 Distributors Members on six different criteria that are critical to the success of the cooperative.
The 2019 Member and Supplier of the Year Awards were presented to:
Preferred Supplier of the Year Awards for excellent service and a quality program to the Sphere 1 Membership:
• Vega Industries – Opal Echelon
• Shurtape Technologies – Ruby Echelon
• Radians – Sapphire Echelon
• DeWALT Industrial Tool – Emerald Echelon
Member of the Year Awards for demonstrating excellence in collaboration and growth within the cooperative:
• Midway Rentals and Sales – Opal Echelon
• Tri-Boro Construction Supplies – Ruby Echelon
• Bay Verte Machinery – Sapphire Echelon
• Connective Systems & Supply – Emerald Echelon
Additional 2019 Award Winners were presented to the following:
Preferred Brand of the Year for top sales achievement by brand
• Metabo HPT
Gateway for Growth Awards for highest performance within our platform.
• Durajoint Waterstop / Preco Concrete Accessories & Eagle Industries – Opal Echelon (2 Winners)
• Norton Saint Gobain – Ruby Echelon
• STI Specified Technologies – Sapphire Echelon
• Freud America – Emerald Echelon
• Shore Fasteners & Supply Inc – Opal Echelon
• RSS – Reinforcing Steel Supply – Ruby Echelon
• On Time Supply – Sapphire Echelon
• Texas Tool Traders – Emerald Echelon
Sphere 1 University Awards for outstanding training programs and course completions.
• ICP Building Solutions Group – Opal Echelon
• Generac Power Systems – Ruby Echelon
• Southwire Tools & Equipment – Sapphire Echelon
• Milwaukee Tool – Emerald Echelon
• The Tool Nut (Highest Course Completions by Location Average)
• Vulcan Steel Products – Opal Echelon
• Solomon Colors – Ruby Echelon
• OCM – Sapphire Echelon
• Stanley Black & Decker – Emerald Echelon
• SouthernCarlson (Overall)
• Connective Systems & Supply (by Location Average)
Largest Percentage in Growth
• TPI Corporation – Opal Echelon
• ClarkDietrich – Ruby Echelon
• FallTech – Sapphire Echelon
• Simpson Strong-Tie – Emerald Echelon
• M6 Concrete Accessories – Opal Echelon
• Momentum Rental and Sales Inc – Ruby Echelon
• FASCO Las Vegas, NV – Sapphire Echelon
• Pioneer Fasteners & Tools – Emerald Echelon
Member Supporting the Most Preferred Suppliers
• L.W. Meyer Moves Management Award (2 winners)
• Midway Rentals and Sales
• R.S. Dale Company
Board Member Service Award
• Larry Johnson, Northbrook Contract Supply, 1998 – 2019
Sphere 1 will host their 22nd Annual Conference on May 11-14, 2021 in Indianapolis, Indiana.